Justice Navigator — the ultimate video litigation tutorial.
- No legal advice. The Legal Seagull provides you with self-help legal information and products you can use when representing yourself in legal matters. We are not a law firm and do not provide legal services including, but not limited to, providing legal advice, recommendations or suggestions regarding certain courses of action in legal matters. If you are unable to resolve your legal issues with the information or products provided, you should retain legal counsel. The law evolves constantly, so we do not guarantee the information or products provided to you are up to date or accurate in every situation. The information and products supplied on the Site are not intended as a substitute for advice from legal counsel.
- Intended use – United States. The Site contains information and products intended for use by individuals seeking self-help legal information for legal systems in the United States. The Legal Seagull makes no representation or warranty that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations.
- Download license. Upon payment for consideration of a Product, The Legal Seagull grants you a limited, non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable license to use the product you download from the Site. You understand and agree you have no right to modify, edit, create derivative works from, distribute, sell, rent, share, or republish any information or Product provided on The Legal Seagull without our express consent.
- Outcomes. You understand and agree that the self-help information and Products provided by The Legal Seagull do not constitute professional legal advice and may not be appropriate for every legal situation. We assert and you hereby accept that there is no guarantee the use of the self-help information or products on this Site will result in a successful outcome of your legal matter.
- Refunds. The Legal Seagull offers a 30 days refund period on any product you purchase through the Site. Contact us with all requests for refunds.
(a) Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Actions – You and The Legal Seagull agree to waive the right to a jury trial or to participate as a class member in a class action lawsuit or consolidated class action arbitration proceeding.
(c) Location – The place of arbitration shall be in the County of Los Angeles, California, United States.
(d) Notice – A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other a Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). Your notice should include the following information:
- Your name,
- Your email and phone number,
- Your physical mailing address,
- The nature of the dispute with us,
- Any supporting documentation, and
- The relief you are seeking.
Notice should be sent to us via the Contact function on the Site. We will review the Notice within 30 days. If 30 days passes from the date of receipt without resolution, either party may move forward with arbitration.
(e) Attorney’s Fees – The parties agree they shall be responsible for their own attorneys’ fees and shall equally share the cost of arbitration.
- Communication. When you contact us, sign up for a free newsletter or purchase a Product on the Site, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that any such communication via email shall constitute legal written communication in compliance with any and all legal notice requirements.
- User Content. By posting, uploading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you grant The Legal Seagull, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to use User Content in connection with your order, the Internet business of The Legal Seagull, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
- Compliance with intellectual property laws. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
- Inappropriate content. You shall not make the following types of Content available. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening.
- No warranties. The Legal Seagull hereby disclaims all warranties. The Legal Seagull is making the Site available “as is” without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the Site or the Product. To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Legal Seagull expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the site, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The Legal Seagull does not warrant that the Site or the Products offered through the Site will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Site or the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Limited liability. The Legal Seagull’s liability to you is limited. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall we be liable for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, emotional distress, bodily injury, loss of earnings, medical billings) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site or Products available through the Site. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action. The parties agree the extent of any monetary award shall be limited to three times the amount you pay in consideration to The Legal Seagull for the order from which the legal dispute in question arises.
- Exclusions and limitations. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 14 and 15 may not apply to you.
- Site termination. The Legal Seagull reserves the right to no longer make available all or part of the Site or any Product offered through the Site at any time in its sole discretion.
- Prohibited uses. The Legal Seagull imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation,
(a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
(b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site , overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;”
(d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service;
(e) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by The Legal Seagull; or
automatically or manually scraping or copying the content from the Site or a Product without our consent. Any violation may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- Copyright. All contents of Site or Service, excluding user generated content, are: © 2016. Justice Navigator, LLC. All rights reserved.
- No license. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by The Legal Seagull or by any third party.
- Modifications. The Legal Seagull may, in its sole discretion,
(b) amend the Site and/or the Service; and
(c) discontinue the Site and/or Service at any time.